I keep a local rsync of the openpkg releases and lately I have
discovered I can upgrade my hosts to newer releases just by changing the
index build uses when curling for packages.

For example, every host has .openpkg/build with something like this in
it:
-f ftp://myrsyncserver/release/2.0/00INDEX.rdf

So running openpkg build -Ua | sh - will upgrade 2.0 packages.

So if I want to upgrade to 2.1, I just change the .openpkg/build file to
say:
-f ftp://myrsyncserver/release/2.1/00INDEX.rdf

Then I run openpkg build -Ua | sh - and it recompiles everything under
the new release.

I've upgraded a couple systems so far with this method with no
problems.  Are there any glaring issues with this because it seems
easier to upgrade this way than to manually --rebuild the openpkg
package.

Thanks,
Aaron