On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 07:45, Michael Schloh wrote:
> > a minor reason for using openpkg is, that although our
> > development-servers are completely linux-based, the production-servers
> > are sometimes sun-solaris machines.
> >
> With only two platforms to cover, OpenPKG only has a marginal advantage
> over other packaging utilities.

Well, I don't know about that.  It depends on how many servers you have
as well.  We only have Linux and Solaris in our environment but we have
close to 100 servers and OpenPKG is extremely useful for us.  It has cut
down our maintenance cost by magnitudes already and we still haven't got
it all fully automated in the fashion we want.

--
David M. Fetter - UNIX Systems Administrator
Portland State University - www.oit.pdx.edu