On Apr 10, 2005 11:36 AM, Ralf S. Engelschall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 10, 2005, Shawn Walker wrote:

> I had created my own spec file to build mod_perl 2 RC4, and everything worked
> in the build right until just after the three passes that happen at the end for
> cleanup and the like. rpmbuild exited with an error about not being able to
> find ~/lib/openpkg/perl.req, what is this file and how can I get it?

Seems like you created either your .spec file from scratch or used
a non-OpenPKG .spec as the base. The perl.req stuff is not used in
OpenPKG, hence you need in the .spec file:

AutoReq:      no
AutoReqProv:  no

I guess this is missing there. Please compare your .spec to the other
over 850 .spec files in OpenPKG to better see what features of RPM we
are using and which we aren't.

Oh, I've been comparing files, but it's not obvious which features work and which ones do not. There are only a few documented in the Handbook as being abandoned.

Nevertheless... so that's what that's for. A lot of exising perl module .spec files use the AutoReq functionality, was there a specific reason that OpenPKG opted to not include this functionality? Not criticising, just wanting to understand...

Thanks!
--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/