On Wednesday 27 April 2005 1:57, Doug Summers wrote:
> Is there any way to get a list of the RPM dependencies from a source RPM
> without installing or rebuilding it first? I want to make a list to
> document installation on a new platform.

openpkg rpm -q --requires -p apache-1.3.33-20050407.src.rpm

outputs for following:
OpenPKG
rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1
openpkg >= 20040130
gdbm
gdbm::with_ndbm = yes
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadIsBzip2) <= 3.0.5-1

That doesn't seem to take into account any build options that you might
enable. For example if you want mysql support in php you build it with
--define 'with_mysql yes' and it now requires mysql. It will only take into
account any build options that default to "yes".

Anyone know how to get -requires to work with --define options?

Mark Keller
Systems Administrator
Portland State University