On Tue, May 03, 2005, Jaewoo Lee wrote:
> I have built the OpenPKG from the source code. But when I generated an
> rpm, the openpkg said that it was a JUNK class.
>
> How can I built CORE class openpkg from the source shell script?

There are five different package classes distributed by OpenPKG. If you
download the source packages 'screen', 'ssmtp', 'enscript', 'gsoap', and
'mailman' from the OpenPKG Package repository
(ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/current/SRC/),
then you have one package from each class.

  screen   - CORE
  ssmtp    - BASE
  enscript - PLUS
  gsoap    - EVAL
  mailman  - JUNK

Whichever package you choose to download and build, it is only available in
one class. You will not find an apache package in the CORE or EVAL classes,
because it is only available as a BASE class package.

The OpenPKG packagers associate packages with one of these classes based on
several criteria including consistency, usefulness, popularity, stability,
portability, and how robust the packaged software is.

So if your question is 'how do I build a CORE class package?', then the
answer is 'select and download a CORE class package from the repository and
build it normally.'

  $ /prefix/bin/openpkg rpm --rebuild
ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/release/2.3/SRC/screen-4.0.2-2.3.0.src.rpm

or

  $ /prefix/bin/openpkg rpm --rebuild
ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/current/SRC/screen-4.0.2-20041012.src.rpm

Regards,
Michael

--
Michael Schloh von Bennewitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Development Team, Operations Northern Europe