On Tue, May 03, 2005, Geo-IT GmbH wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried gcc-3.4.2-2.3.0 with the same result. Here are the parts of the
> output that show error messages:

> mv specs stage1/specs
> mv *.o insn-flags.h insn-config.h insn-codes.h insn-output.c insn-recog.c
> insn-emit.c insn-extract.c insn-peep.c insn-attr.h insn-attrtab.c
> insn-opinit.c insn-constants.h tm-preds.h tree-check.h insn-conditions.c
> min-insn-modes.c insn-modes.c insn-modes.h s-flags s-config s-codes s-mlib
> s-genrtl s-modes s-gtype gtyp-gen.h s-output s-recog s-emit s-extract
> s-peep s-check s-conditions s-attr s-attrtab s-opinit s-preds s-constants
> s-crt0 genemit genoutput genrecog genextract genflags gencodes genconfig
> genpeep genattrtab genattr genopinit gengenrtl gencheck genpreds
> genconstants gengtype genconditions genmodes genrtl.c genrtl.h gt-*.h
> gtype-*.h gtype-desc.c xgcc cpp cc1  crtbegin.o crtbeginS.o crtbeginT.o
> crtend.o crtendS.o  gcc-cross protoize unprotoize specs collect2 collect2
> gcov-iov gcov gcov-dump *.[0-9][0-9].* *.[si] libcpp.a libbackend.a
> libgcc.mk g++ g++-cross cc1plus stage1
> mv: cannot stat `s-crt0': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `crtbegin.o': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `crtbeginS.o': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `crtbeginT.o': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `crtend.o': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `crtendS.o': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `gcc-cross': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `protoize': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `unprotoize': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `specs': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `collect2': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `gcov': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `gcov-dump': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `*.[0-9][0-9].*': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `*.[si]': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `g++-cross': No such file or directory
> mv: cannot stat `cc1plus': No such file or directory
> make[2]: [stage1-start] Error 1 (ignored)

Hello Andreas,

Sorry that I don't have a good answer for you, but I wonder if you've not
passed over some errors occuring earlier in the build. My assumption is that
the missing files (such as 'crtbegin.o') were not properly built early on,
and that is why they are missing in the first GCC bootstrap stage.

Because we've never had an AMD 64bit machine, my guess is that there need to
be some fixes made. Can you grep the entire build output (after openpkg rpm
--rebuild gcc.*.src.rpm) for 'crtbegin.*' and see if errors occured early on
in the build?

Gruesse,
Michael

--
Michael Schloh von Bennewitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Development Team, Operations Northern Europe