Doug Summers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[snip]
> >          rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{l_prefix}/lib/$subdir
> >      done
> >      mv $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{l_prefix}/${triple}/include/* \
> >                                        Ralf S. Engelschall
> >                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >                                        www.engelschall.com
> >

> Got a clean compile on AIX 5.1. I'm trying to compile perl now (needed
> to add --define="l_cc gcc"; it didn't like OpenPKG's cc compiler).

Hi Doug,

Question: did you only apply Ralf's patch to gcc (or did you apply the
patch on top of my "temporary changes"?  I ask because I can NOT build
gcc at least if I do not add the "with_ld_as" adjustment below.

    ### temporary hack for AIX - don't use gnu ld or as
    ### - add the --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs (but check later if
this is needed)
    if [ $(uname) = "AIX" ]; then
        l_with_gnu_ld_as=
        l_with_ld_as="--with-as=/usr/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs"
    fi

I get the assembler error I reported earlier in this thread.

The only "IBM" rpms installed are
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/openpkg/RPM/SRC/gcc>rpm -qa
cdrecord-1.9-4
mkisofs-1.13-4
mtools-3.9.8-1
bash-2.05b-1
AIX-rpm-5.1.0.50-2
cvs-1.11.17-2
findutils-4.1-3
gcc-3.3.2-5
make-3.80-1
sudo-1.6.7p5-2
lsof-4.61-3
zlib-1.2.1-2
zlib-devel-1.2.1-2
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/openpkg/RPM/SRC/gcc>

and ld and as are the IBM versions. (not sure how to do the equivalent
of rpm -qf on AIX to get the "package" it comes from.)

It seems strange that you are able to build openpkg gcc and I am not
if we are doing the same thing.

Regards,

Simon