Doug Summers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I've been successful in compiling a fair number of packages for AIX
> 5.1. So far the only problems have been related to binutils. Since
> some packages require it as a build prereq I installed it, but then
> virtually every package after that fails to compile.
>
> I've tried changing my path to use the AIX binutils first but it
> doesn't help. Any ideas???

Since binutils appears to be used in quite a few places one option
would be to create a virtual binutils rpm which provides binutils.

rpm can make "virtual packages" but I'm not too sure if there are any
issues within OpenPKG.

This may cause problems if those packages which require binutils also
require the GNU binutils behaviour. Native (AIX) tools may not support
this.

Simon