Is there a list of which programs will link to the current libiconv? The reason I'm asking is that some packages require OpenPKG's version. However, since I built gcc before building libiconv, gcc died looking for the one in /opt/freeware (IBM's version). A rebuild of gcc fixed the problem (fixed install-info built by texinfo as well).

What I want to be able to build is a new tools environment as free from the IBM tools as possible. My builds now do not include any of the IBM tools paths. I guess I could rebuild everything again after installing libiconv but my machine's way too slow for that :)

Doug