On Tue, Jul 26, 2005, Simon J Mudd wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/openpkg/RPM/SRC/gcc>/openpkg/bin/openpkg rpm -q openpkg
> openpkg-20050613-20050613
>
> I am seeing the following references to /etc/mtab every time an rpm
> is being installed or removed:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/openpkg/RPM/SRC/gcc>/openpkg/bin/openpkg rpm --erase
> binutils
> error: failed to open /etc/mtab: No such file or directory

This really stinks. I already suffered from this in the past. [1]
I'm currently doing heavy reconfigurations, which means i forget to
cleanly unmount NFS servers or some machines are just down for some
time. This means machines hang whenever i try to install a rpm. Grrr.
Some time, when i have time, i'll look whether it isn't enough when
rpm just looks in the filesystem where it tries to install stuff. Or
is it necessary to stat _all_ mount points to find out on what filesystem
the data resides ?

   (mk)

[1] Oh, well, in my case it finds the file with the mount infos and tries
    to access some data. So i do not see this error message, but "NFS
    server bla not responding"...

--
Matthias Kurz; Fuldastr. 3; D-28199 Bremen; VOICE +49 421 53 600 47