Matthias Kurz wrote:
On Tue, Jul 26, 2005, Doug Summers wrote:

Using the latest Java 1.4.2 release from Sun...

When symlinking the Java plugin for Mozilla the browser never starts - no error messages, no coredumps, no logs. The browser itself works fine if the symlink is removed.

I'm using this one:
/usr/j2se/jre/plugin/sparc/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so (the only file that exists here), which is then symlinked to /openpkg/lib/mozilla/plugins.

As far as i know this problem has to do with incompatibilities between
the Sun (Forte) c++ and g++. The supplied plugin is compiled with the
Sun c++. It does not like a g++ compiled mozilla.
So, given that this is true, there are two possibilities: Get the sources
for the Java PlugIn (i know they are available somewhere) and compile
them with gcc - or get the Sun tools and compile mozilla with the Forte
tools that are available at no cost on the OpenSolaris site somewhere.
I already have to compile mozilla under Solaris 8 and use --ignoreos to
install them on Solaris 10 because of the binutils misery, so i would
not care about this additional quirk.
It would be _really_ nice if someone could solve this :) It's on my list,
but my list is loooong.

   (mk)

Well...I installed the Sun Studio tools and I can't get it to compile Mozilla, getting this:

checking whether C compiler supports -fprofile-generate... yes
checking for correct temporary object destruction order... no
configure: error: Your compiler does not follow the C++ specification for temporary object destruction order.
error: Bad exit status from /openpkg/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.4467 (%build)

My build command is:
openpkg rpm --rebuild mozilla-1.7.8-2.4.0.src.rpm --define="l_cc /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc"

Have you tried building the OpenPKG version of J2SE? I may try that next but I need to find another machine to use.

Doug