On Friday 29 July 2005 10:48, Torsten Homeyer wrote:
> Steffen Hansen wrote:
> > I wonder why it says to upgrade everything but db and imapd before
> > running db_recover. Couldn't you just do that before starting to
> > upgrade at all?
>
> Because it eventually takes some time to upgrade all packages and if
> you don't want to have the service down for an extended period, you
> just upgrade everything else first to minimize downtime.

Right. Valid reason. In our case it could be done afterwards by running
db_recover from the old openpkg installation after upgrading.

> > Would it be possible to perform the upgrade with db_upgrade _after_
> > upgrading the db package?
>
> No, this did not work in my tests.

I didn't have any success with that either.

The whole issue raises the following question though: Why does imapd not
commit it's db logs when the demon is stopped? We have slapd running
with the bdb backend and it didn't complain after upgrading.

thanks
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se