Matthias Kurz wrote:
On Fri, Aug 12, 2005, Doug Summers wrote:

Getting this at the beginning of the build...

+ cd lsof_4.75_src
+ case "powerpc-aix5.1" in
+ echo 'Platform powerpc-aix5.1 not supported'
Platform powerpc-aix5.1 not supported

This is happening with the SRC and CURRENT source code. In the spec it looks like AIX support has been removed:

Do you know that there _was_ support ?
At least i did not find anything about aix in the lsof.spec cvs log.

%build
   cd lsof_%{version}_src
   case "%{l_platform -t}" in
       *-freebsd* ) platform="freebsd" ;;
       *-linux*   ) platform="linux"   ;;
       *-sunos*   ) platform="solaris" ;;
       *-netbsd*  ) platform="netbsd"  ;;
       *-hpux*    ) platform="hpuxgcc" ;;

Does it work, when you add the following line:
          *-aix*     ) platform="aixgcc" ;;

       * ) echo "Platform %{l_platform -t} not supported" 1>&2; exit 1 ;;
   esac

And a few lines below (choosing setgid group)

        *-aix*     ) setgid="sys"  ;;

I'm just guessing here (same as solaris/hpux), because i do not have
access to AIX. A "ls -Ll /dev/mem" could help here.
There is a whole chapter about AIX in the lsof FAQ, btw. (well, and for
most other platforms, too).

With the above changes and this command line I was able to build lsof (32-bit) on AIX 5.1. I'll try with IBM's compiler on a 64-bit kernel later:

openpkg rpm -bb lsof.spec --define="l_cc gcc"

Doug