On Fri, Aug 12, 2005, Doug Summers wrote:

> Is it possible to pass --define switches besides with_something=yes/no?
> I have some packages on AIX that I want to use IBM's compiler but I
> don't know how to pass it to openpkg build. For example, I'd like to do
> this:
>
> openpkg build --define="l_cc /usr/vacpp/bin/xlc_r" --define="l_cxx
> /usr/vacpp/bin/xlC_r" gtk

Not that i know. I guess you know about $HOME/.openpkg/rpmmacros and
want to override the settings only for one package (gtk) ?

Also, do you only want to compile gtk with this compilers or also all
dependencies ?

Well, you can temporarily redefine $HOME to feed rpm with an especially
crufted rpmmacros file.
Or you write a wrapper around "openpkg build", that searches for the
rpm rebuild command "--rebuild gtk" in the generated script and injects
more options. But you would have to use this wrapper for all builds -
in case that gtk is rebuild as a dependency of another package. And
when you also want to use the special compilers for the gtk dependencies...

   (mk)

--
Matthias Kurz; Fuldastr. 3; D-28199 Bremen; VOICE +49 421 53 600 47