On Tue, Aug 16, 2005, Doug Summers wrote:

> Had to jump through a couple of hoops but I finally got it to compile:
>
> 1) Built empty binutils package

Yes, some packages require binutils. And even when they are only
conditionally required, "openpkg build" eventually installs them.
I think the dummy package should have a very large version number, so
that it is not overruled by an "official" version.

> 2) Added '--with-libiconv-prefix=/usr \' to configure section of gcc.spec

What could be the definite solution for this infamous libiconv problem ?
Always use the system supplied version ? Add an option with_libiconv_prefix
to the gcc package ? Use --with-libiconv-prefix=%{l_prefix} and require
libiconv ?

My attempt was, to try to disable the usage of libiconv in gcc. There
are already provisions (the echo "am_cv_func_iconv=no" etc >config.cache).
This config.cache has to be copied into the directories of some sub-
configures to become effective. But this still doesn't disable the usage
completely and i don't know exactly, whether important functionality
is lost. It looks too ugly.

   (mk)

--
Matthias Kurz; Fuldastr. 3; D-28199 Bremen; VOICE +49 421 53 600 47