On Fri, Aug 19, 2005, Doug Summers wrote:
>Bill Campbell wrote:
>>On Fri, Aug 19, 2005, Doug Summers wrote:
>>
>>>I need to move the 3 Openpkg ID's from 1000-1002 to 700-702 (names are
>>>staying the same). Will this cause a problem down the road when I build
>>>new packages? Obviously I need to change all of the UID's but I'm
>>>concerned new package builds will use the old UID's and not the new ones.
>>

>>I don't think that's an issue as all references to these are by
>>name, not by uid/gid.
>>
>>One consideration though is when changing the uid/gid of installed
>>packages, if you have any setuid or setgid programs, running on a resonably
>>secure version if *nix, the setuid or setgid bits will be cleared when the
>>ownership is changed.  To preserve these, you need to stat() the original
>>file to get the mode, then do a chmod() after the chown().
>>
>>Bill
>
>Thanks, Bill. This worked for every package so far, except for sudo.
>Looks like I'll have to rebuild it.

Speaking of sudo, I would like to see the default sudoers file have a line
to allow use of the openpkg command by the l_musr.  As it is, doing an
``openpkg build -KUa'' where sudo gets rebuilt will stop as soon as the
newer version of sudo is installed.

Bill

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual
way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of
complaining.
                -- Jef Raskin http://jefraskin.com/