Thomas Lotterer wrote:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2005-08-28 21:25:22 >>>
does anybody have a hint for me concerning the setup
of sasl/ldap in a openpkg environment? [...]

Increasing debug level in saslauthd.conf [...]
does not show anything

strace neither returns any useful output [...]

I don't see any binding request to ldap [...]

Are you sure you built sasl with_ldap=yes?  Running

$ /bin/openpkg rpm -qi sasl | grep ::with

will tell you. This is a build-time option and defaults to
"no". Without setting it to "yes" all attempts to enable
LDAP though configuration during run-time will fail.

This was the first I really did ;-)
Really, I tried everything possible to get it work before posting it here.

sasl::with_fsl = yes
   sasl::with_pam = no
   sasl::with_login = no
   sasl::with_ldap = yes