On Fri, Nov 18, 2005, Florin Iucha wrote:

> I installed Solaris 10 and Sun Studio 11 and I am trying to build
> subversion using OpenPkg 2.5.0. I have succesfully bootstrapped
> openpkg using the Sun compiler but I am puzzled by the dependencies
> in the openpkg rpms:
>    subversion requires 'make' and 'sed' and 'zlib'? - I already have
>    native/platform make and sed and I want to use them

OpenPKG is self-contained and hence doesn't use your system versions.
BTW, your OS make is not compatible with the OpenPKG "make" (which
is GNU make) anyway. And the sed(1) commands different between Unix
flavors, too.

>    db requires gcc? - I already have gcc installed, but I really want
>    to use Sun cc to build it.

The OpenPKG "gcc" is often required(!) (like here) for consistency and
portability reasons and if it is already present also preferred (even
if not required). But if you insist on building with Sun Studio's
cc you can use "openpkg rpm --rebuild --nodeps --define 'use_cc
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc'" when building the "db" package.

> And one more nit: I have bootstrapped openpkg with
> --use_cc=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc but it failed midway if I did not have
> /opt/SUNWspro/bin in the PATH.

Hmmm... this could be a bug. I've to check this. Thanks for the hint.

> Is there any incantation to tell "openpkg rpm" to attempt to satisify
> the dependencies using platform binaries?

No, it isn't.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com