On Fri, Feb 10, 2006, Doug Summers wrote:

> [...]
> I found the error, but it's in this log file -
> /syscfg/opkg/RPM/TMP/gcc-4.0.2/obj/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/32/libstdc++-v3/config.log:
> [...]
> /syscfg/opkg/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> [...]

Ah, ok. Then our GNU binutils is broken on RHEL4/amd64. I guess this
platform uses a C run-time object which is either in a location GNU
binutils doesn't know about by default or the file is named differently
(perhaps with some "64" in the filename, etc). Perhaps GNU binutils just
thought (during its own build-time) that the platform is RHEL4/ix86.

As quick and dirty workaround you can just remove the OpenPKG "binutils"
package and rebuild the "gcc" package with option "with_binutils=no". On
a modern Linux box this usually has no drawbacks in the functionality
AFAIK as the vendor already uses GNU binutils itself.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com