-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Ralf S. Engelschall
Sent: 10 August 2006 16:30
To: openpkg-users@openpkg.org
Subject: Re: Fixing PATH on Solaris

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The rc.openpkg script does some messing around with the PATH variable.
> On Solaris this results to /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin and /usr/sbin being
> placed after /usr/ucb. This can give some unexpected results for some
> commands as the ucb dir contains old BSD versions of some commands (from
> the olden days when Solaris was still a BSD) and is only there for
> legacy purposes. This can be fixed by placing /usr/ucb after the list of
> dirs in line 44 of /etc/rc.d/rc.openpkg:
>
>     export PATH
>     rcPath -a -e PATH         /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/ucb
>     rcPath -a  PATH         /local/openpkg/bin /local/openpkg/sbin
> /local/openpkg/local/bin /local/openpkg/local/sbin
>
> I hope this can be fixed in the next release.

Hmmm... line 44 of rc.openpkg reads...

|     rcPath -a -e PATH \
|         /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin

...and this since years! We _never_ had any "/usr/ucb" there.
I guess someone changed this file locally at your side.
You can check this with:

$ /local/openpkg/bin/openpkg rpm -Vf /local/openpkg/etc/rc.d/rc.openpkg

It has to be changed locally.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com