On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 07:36:07AM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006, Adam D. Morley wrote:
> > So somewhere from the upgrade to 2.5 to 2.20060622, openpkg build seems
> > to have missed the addition of sqlite as a requirement for perl-dbi.
> > Likely because 2.5's perl-dbi has "with_dbd_sqlite" set to "no", so the
> > build script must not consider this possibility?
>
> Yes, seems like "openpkg build" has no possibility here. The default
> was "no" in 2.5 and is "yes" in 2.20060622. So, "openpkg build"
> thinks that the "no" in 2.5 was _manually_ set and correctly forward
> passes-through this value to the build of 2.20060622. There is real
> solution for this dependency-change-on-upgrade dilemma as RPM doesn't
> safe information whether an option was _explicitly_ set or not (and this
> way is set to the default). But I've now at least added the dependency
> perl-dbi::with_dbd_sqlite=yes to perl-dbix.

Hmm.  Does this mean an upgrade from 2.5 -> 2.20060622 will now "break"
when it sees perl-dbi installed with "with_dbd_sqlite=no"?  Mostly, I'm
just concerned about others upgrading from 2.5, as this is the one time
I'll have to do it.

> > I take it the best way
> > to reset the option is to manually build sqlite, then rebuild perl-dbi
> > manually, and then continue with the -ZaKB?
> > [...]
>
> You can easily fix those situations with "openpkg build -g
> -Dwith_dbd_sqlite=yes perl-dbi | sh" as shown in the manual page which
> you can read via "openpkg man build".

Makes sense.  I saw that, but was worried it would hard set
with_dbd_sqlie=yes for the future, instead of just taking the new
default from perl-dbi.  But upon further reflection I could've just used
that.

Thanks,

--
adam