On Sun, Oct 29, 2006, Vinod Kutty wrote:

>         file /export/apps/opkg/2.x/lib/libexpat.a from install of
> expat-2.0.0-2.20061018 conflicts with file from package
> subversion-1.4.0-2.20061018
>         file /export/apps/opkg/2.x/lib/libexpat.la from install of
> expat-2.0.0-2.20061018 conflicts with file from package
> subversion-1.4.0-2.20061018

Hmmmm... interesting. I cannot reproduce this in CURRENT (which has the
same version as STABLE currently): there is never a libexpat.{a,la}
installed for me (under FreeBSD). Perhaps this is related to your
particular platform (Solaris 8). I'll retry under this platform, but
this requires some time as our Solaris 8 box is not as fast as wished
and Subversion has many dependencies.

> How can I get around this?

Well, as a cruel workaround you could just _FORCE_ the "subversion"
package to be installed via "openpkg rpm -Uvh --force".

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com