On Tue, Mar 13, 2007, Robert Allerstorfer wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I recently noticed that a python-2.4.4 package is now available at
>ftp://ftp.celestial.com/private/ftp.openpkg.org/release/2.5/SRC/.
>Thank you Bill for providing it! I installed it and it works fine with
>zope-2.9.6 from the official stable/2 source.
>
>(Note: at the official OpenPKG repository there is NO python package
>available which will work with Zope)
>
>Since I need MySQL support for Python (MySQLdb), I tried to install
>mysql-python-1.2.0 from the celestial.com directory mentioned above.
>However, that package requires csrpmutils which failed to build:

That's because I've hacked openpkg so it doesn't leave a bunch of .orig
files around to clutter up the space requiring one to clean up before
applying multiple patches.  You could hack my csrpmutils spec file to
remove them between patches.

I tend to have multiple patches on our local packages so I don't have to
deal with frequent CVS updates.

Bill

``Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.''
    Will Rogers
OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org