On Thu, May 03, 2007, Joerg Behrend wrote:

>  According to the package browser, kde is available for openpkg-current.
>
>  It is not possible to access the JUNK directory, even after login
>  as fellow user. For example, we tried to download
>  ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/current/SRC/JUNK/kde-qt-3.3.6-20061020.src.rpm
>
>  Is it possible to get access to these files?

JUNK packages are intentionally not downloadable via FTP as they are
broken already from a packaging point of view. One usually cannot even
_built_ a corresponding binary package. That's why they are declared
JUNK. They are only available from the OpenPKG CVS. So, in other use
those (currently about 20 packages of this class) one really has to
put some development efforts into them and for this one establishes an
OpenPKG development environment and this way have access to the CVS
resources anyway. See http://www.openpkg.org/development/environment.php
for a little tutorial on how to establish such an development
environment. If you have this established, you can simply roll the above
kde-qt-3.3.6-20061020.src.rpm file by doing "openpkg dev; cd kde-qt; opd
fe; opd bs".

PS: If you need Qt, just use the regular "qt" package. This should work
    just fine. If you want KDE, do yourself a favor and use some native
    packages of the OS vendor. KDE is such a beast that it worked just
    once in the past and on every upgrade our KDE packages were broken
    again. That's why we stopped putting efforts into them some time ago
    and hence the packages over the time went into JUNK status. Let me
    be fully open: OpenPKG is mainly about server computing, so for us
    it doesn't matter and hence please do not expect that someone picks
    up these OpenPKG KDE packages and fixes them...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org