On 5/16/07, Ralf S. Engelschall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

$ export PAGER="less -E -r"

This reminds me to complain about the variables exported by OpenPKG's "rc.less":

* I find the use of "-E" (quit-et-eof) in PAGER to be annoying.  I
often bounce from the bottom of a man page back up, so exiting at EOF
is really annoying.

* Why do you include "-r" (display raw control-chars) in the PAGER
variable when this can corrupt the user's terminal settings?

* Using lesspipe for LESSOPEN causes "less +F" not to work (doesn't
continue checking the file after it hits EOF).  This may be more of a
less bug than one in OpenPKG.  The use of +F should imply -L, so I'm
going to try to remember to type both from now on.

I would recommend changing the PAGER setting to just
"<openpkg>/bin/less" and let folks who want to customize these
settings do so themselves rather than making them the default.

--
Caleb Epstein
OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org