On Thu, May 17, 2007, Paul Franklin wrote:

>  I want to add fetchmail into the mix on my Kolab server.  It's running on an
>  Ubuntu box.  Casting about the web, I came up with some instructions on how
>  to do so, but they are out of date, pointing to directories that seem to
>  have gone away.
>  On the Openpkg site, I did a search for fetchmail, but couldn't decide which
>  of the packages that came up would be what I need, nor do I know the correct
>  commands to use once I download the appropriate packages.
>  Can someone point me the right direction?

Unfortunately, this isn't such easy as Kolab AFAIK is based on OpenPKG
Community 2.4 or 2.5 and this was end-of-live already about a year ago
and hence is no longer provided for download. You can only
_TRY_ to mix in the "fetchmail" package from OpenPKG Community CURRENT
in the hope that it still works with Kolab's older OpenPKG bootstrap.

For this register yourself as described under
http://www.openpkg.org/download/registration/ and then use your account
to fetch the "fetchmail" source RPM package from ftp.openpkg.org. Then
you can try to install it into your /kolab OpenPKG instance with the
following two commands:

/kolab/bin/openpkg rpm --rebuild --nodeps fetchmail-*.src.rpm
/kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -Uvh /kolab/RPM/PKG/fetchmail-*.rpm

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org