On Wed, May 30, 2007, Olivier Kaloudoff wrote:

>  Ralf,
>       building postfix on a brand new install (debian etch), postfix
>  refuses to start with the following error;
>
>  minimal_etch:/# postfix start
>  postfix: fatal: file /openpkg/etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter default_privs:
>  user root has privileged user ID
>
>  minimal_etch:/# type postfix postconf
>  postfix is hashed (/openpkg/sbin/postfix)
>  postconf is /openpkg/sbin/postconf
>
>  minimal_etch:/# postconf | grep default_privs
>  default_privs = root
>
>       so I still think that there is a problem with the postfix
>  package on Linux.

Yes, then it really has to be platform-specific. I'm using it
exclusively under FreeBSD, btw. And I have:

$ postconf | grep default_privs
default_privs = opkg-n

Then we have to search why this difference exists under Linux...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org