On Thu, May 31, 2007, Steve Muskiewicz wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting readline support working in the latest
> sqlite3 (3.3.17-20070425 from CURRENT).  Even though I have the
> with_readline option enabled in the spec, it does not appear to be
> finding the readline includes properly.  I do have the readline RPM
> installed (5.2.4-20070507) and the /opkg25/include/readline/readline.h
> file is definitely there.
>
> I checked the config.log in the build directory and it seems like it
> isn't finding the readline.h file (I also see lots of -DHAVE_READLINE=0
> in the compilation output):
>
> $ grep readline config.log
> configure:19424: gcc -o conftest -O2 -pipe -DNDEBUG=1 -I/opkg25/include
> -L/opkg25/lib conftest.c -lreadline   >&5
> tgoto                               /opkg25/lib/libreadline.so
> tputs                               /opkg25/lib/libreadline.so
> tgetnum                             /opkg25/lib/libreadline.so
> tgetstr                             /opkg25/lib/libreadline.so
> tgetflag                            /opkg25/lib/libreadline.so
> [...]

Sorry, I'm a little bit confused as why you ended up with shared
libraries in the "readline" package? OpenPKG doesn't build a shared
library in the "readline" package. So, although this might be not
related to your problem, I'm SURE there is something garbled in your
OpenPKG instance.

> I also looked at the configure script for readline and it looks like it
> has 2 options related to readline: --with-readline-inc and
> --with-readline-lib, not sure if these are recent additions or not.  I
> tried putting them in the spec file, but I get errors near the link
> phase when I do this:
> [...]

I've now worked off the SQLite package and now use those options. Please
retry again with the latest version of "sqlite" from OpenPKG-CURRENT as
of today. I hope it now fixes your readline problems, too.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org