On Tue, Jul 03, 2007, Andy Harrison wrote:

>> The Sun V20z is an AMD64 architecture, so I guess there is a mismatch
>> between the hardware detection of GMP and the OS support of the Linux
>> distribution you are using. Can it be that this is a 32-bit Linux
>> distribution *user-land* running with a 64-bit Linux *kernel* on a 64-bit
>> *hardware*?
>
> Yes, that's probably it.  Does anyone know how I can force it to
> compile 32-bit?  I tried editing the spec file doing things like
> adding "-m32" to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS as well as looking for a possible
> --target param, but I wasn't able to find anything that helped.

As more software will have similar problems (e.g. Berkeley-DB), the best
solution here IMHO is to either upgrade the 32-bit user-land to 64-bit
or downgrade the 64-bit kernel to a 32-bit one. The combination you are
driving calls for trouble. Alternatively you can hack the detection
in GMP's "configure" script or try the "ABI" environment variable the
"configure" script seems to accept. Just passing a compiler flag doesn't
work as GMP selects assembly code himself during configure time.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org