On Fri, Dec 28, 2007, Martin Lathoud wrote:

> openpkg build -Ua is trying to reinstall already current packages, the
> generated script is attached.
> o rpm -q flex perl-parse perl-xml perl-net perl-www
> flex-2.5.34-20071222
> perl-parse-5.10.0-20071227
> perl-xml-5.10.0-20071219
> perl-net-5.10.0-20071219
> perl-www-5.10.0-20071222

The options -Ua also trigger rebuilds for reverse dependencies.
You would have to use -Uaq to get rid of those, I think.

> I also have to use a proxy to access ftp.openpkg.org and it's a pain
> to get it working:
> proxytunnel is broken (not being used when put in curlrc), then I
> allow ftp.openpkg.org to go through the firewall with no proxy,
> perl-www is trying to fetch some dependencies with CPAN which isn't
> ftp_proxy aware (hence failing) and even configuring a proxy with
> /openpkg/bin/perl -MCPAN has no effect when perl-www is being built.

For the proxies problems we cannot do anything from the OpenPKG side, I
think. But that "perl-www" tries to download something via CPAN shell is
a problem we can fix. This means a dependency module is missing. Can you
show me the details, i.e., _WHICH_ module it tries to download?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org