On Wed, Jan 16, 2008, Victor G. Bolshakov wrote:

> I build cacti from scratch and only cacti (core + cacti requirements) and
> this is my notes:
>
> 1. PHP (as standalone application) need to specify same modules as for
> apache-php
>       PreReq:       php
>       PreReq:       php::with_mysql = yes
>       PreReq:       php::with_mm = yes
>       PreReq:       php::with_pcre = yes
>       PreReq:       php::with_xml = yes

Fixed.

> 2. "php -d safe_mode=off" not work for me (Solaris10/Sparc) - poller try to
> find snmp* in "/usr/local/php/bin"

Hmmm... I've no clue about this.

> 3. dcron work and look for crontabs in "/openpkg/etc/dcron/crontabs" but file
> name must be root or openpkg-r

Now fixed. I set the owner of the file now to root.

> 4. need more intellectual "cacti-cron.sh" - it should not run if cacti not
> started

Really? I would have expected that it should always poll for new values
even if the webservice of Cacti is not working. Hmmm...

> 5. MySQL by default log all sql into "var/mysql/common.log" as enabled in
> default my.cnf - is it really needed?

Not needed, of course. But it is there for a very long time AFAIK. So
better to keep it to not surprise people... it at least is a %config
file and hence you can just configure it to your personal taste easily.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org