Openpkg'ers,

With the recent work on getting large file support in Squid to work I
have finally determined the cause of another annoying problem that had
previously eluded me.

When you do an upgrade of squid there is a rpm post install script that
restarts squid.

Unfortunately the restart fails because the squid needs a bit of time to
cleanly shutdown (approximately 30 seconds) and the script tries to
start it back up again before the shutdown has been completed.

In general, any 'openpkg rc squid restart' will fail to correctly
restart squid.

To work around this issue I added to the rc.squid stop method the
following commands:
    squid_pid=`cat /secomon/openpkg-3/var/squid/logs/squid.pid`
    pwait $squid_pid

As this is on Solaris the convenient pwait does the right thing for me
(I do realise this is non-portable though).

The next problem is that because rc.squid is not a configuration file,
when I do actually upgrade squid this local change is lost.

So a couple of questions:
  is it possible to get this 'fix' included (or a portable alternative)?
  what is the easiest way to make a similar local change permanent?

Thanks in advance,
  Jay

PS: Thanks for the last couple of fixes too, been a great help and very
much appreciated.

The information in this email together with any attachments is
and/or publication of this email message is prohibited, unless
as a necessary part of Departmental business.
computer system network.

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org