[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on :
> All users which you add to <prefix>/etc/openpkg/managers are
> allowed the same privileges as the management user.

Thanks for this - did this and things seemed to be working fine...
famous last words.

Unfortunate side affect though was that the HOME variable for each user
in here gets set to the home directory of the user that owns openpkg.

In addition LOGNAME gets changed too. Not sure if these are fixable in
any easy way.

It gets very confusing when you don't have permission to write files in
your own $HOME, but you do in your ~ - took me a little while to work
out what/when was causing this.

Jason

--
Jason Wilson
Security Consultant, ICT Security Services

The information in this email together with any attachments is
and/or publication of this email message is prohibited, unless
as a necessary part of Departmental business.
computer system network.

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org