On Thu, May 01, 2008, Alain Spineux wrote:

> # openpkg rc bind stop
>
> dont work.
>
> running the command in a terminal show :
>
> # /kolab/sbin/rndc stop
> socket.c:3432: 2/No such file or directory
> rndc: connect: unexpected error
>
> in the file /kolab/etc/bind/rndc.conf ----
>
> ##
> ##  /kolab/etc/bind/rndc.conf -- BIND rndc configuration
> ##
>
> options {
>     default-server localhost-unix;
> };
>
> server localhost-unix {
>     addresses { "/kolab/var/bind/named.ctl"; };
>     key "rndc-key";
> };
>
> server localhost-inet {
>     addresses { 127.0.0.1; };
>     port 953;
>     key "rndc-key";
> };
>
> include "/kolab/etc/bind/rndc.key";
>
> ----------------------------
>
> You set the default to the unix socket, but looking in named.conf,
> only the inet is defined.
>
> Then changing the default to inet, like this
>
> options {
>     default-server localhost-int;
> };
>
> make thinks works better.

Well, we intentionally use "localhost-unix" here as this way the rndc
can more easily timeout on connects in case BIND is not running at all.

The question for me is just whether "localhost-unix" isn't working for
you. For me it is working just fine here under FreeBSD 6...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org