On Tue, May 06, 2008, Benson Margulies wrote:

> I have a customer who uses 4.1. I have to build my library and deliver
> it to them to be linked in. That won't work if I build it with 4.2.3.

If it is a plain C library there usually should be no compatibility
problem. If it is a C++ library you're right: then you need mostly the
same GCC version to avoid trouble.

If you really need GCC 4.1 you can either just unpack the GCC 4.2.3
package and downgrade the contained GCC version to 4.1.X. Or you
have to fetch an old OpenPKG "gcc-4.1.x-YYYYMMDD.src.rpm" package
from a mirror on the net or you have to fetch the old package
specification (gcc.spec plus corresponding gcc.patch files) from
http://cvs.openpkg.org/dir?d=openpkg-src/gcc

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com