On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 4:56 PM, Ralf S. Engelschall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2008, Alain Spineux wrote:
>
>> I have some maintenance process running continuously and that are
>> disturbed by some services (imapd and openldap) restart near midnight.
>>
>> It looks like postfix use the fsl's options jitter and monitor to
>> avoid a restart.
>> Why does imapd and openldap dont use this feature to avoid a daily restart ?
>
> Well, the jitter and monitor options are expensive and hence they were
> used only if it was really necessary. Do imapd and openldap require it?

It depend, if you can tolerate an interruption of the service or not !

Is jiitter and monitor so expensive ?
They should just require a call to access() once in a while ?
Do I miss something ?

I expect to switch to jiitter and monitor for a least : openldap,
imapd and mysql
and maybe apache and bind. Do you have any comment ?

Regards

--
Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com