On Mon, Jan 18, 2010, Olivier Fournier wrote:

> here are my results of the test-driving procedure on a fresh installed
> Debian Lenny.

I've done an installation under Debian 5.0 myself recently
without problems. Interesting that it caused problems for you.

> Can someone explain me the following things:
>
> - Why does OpenPKG need to be bootstrapped twice in order to get it to
> work without warnings?

It should not. The warnings result because of the wrong ownerships on
the files. Why the ownerships are wrong I don't know. Have you specified
some strange --user or --group options during bootstrapping?

> - Why do the permissions of the license file have to be manually
> adjusted in order to activate a license?

It should not require any permission adjustments.
There something is broken for you.

> - Why do so many files belong to root after a fresh installation?

Also this is incorrect. There ownerships were not correctly set for you
as it seems. I've to check this myself under Debian 5.0 again...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       r...@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org