Hi ORPers,

I put up the complete ASF public mail archives as of about 3 weeks ago on
Amazon's S3 and have made them public (let me know if I messed up, it is the
first time I've done this).  I also intend, in the coming weeks, to convert
them into Mahout files (if anyone wants to help let me know).

There are 5 files:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/asf-mail-archives/public_a_d.tar
https://s3.amazonaws.com/asf-mail-archives/public_e_k.tar
https://s3.amazonaws.com/asf-mail-archives/public_l_o.tar
https://s3.amazonaws.com/asf-mail-archives/public_s_t.tar
https://s3.amazonaws.com/asf-mail-archives/public_u_z.tar

The tarballs are organized by Top Level Project name (i.e. Mahout is in the
public_l_o.tar file).  The tarballs contain GZIP files by date, I believe.  I
believe the total uncompressed file size is somewhere in the 80-100GB range.
That should be sufficient to drive some semi-interesting things in terms of
scale, even if it is towards the smaller end of things.

As the ASF has very clear public mailing list archive policies, it is my belief
that this data set is completely unencumbered.

From an ORP standpoint, this might make for a first data set for evaluation
once we have the evaluator framework in place.

Cheers,
Grant

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com