Hi Minh

On 11/6/19 10:33 am, Minh Hon Chau wrote:
Hi Gary,

Those variables e.g node_sync_window_closed have been used before headless sync complete. If there is a failover during the headless sync, the new active will start the headless sync again, so those variables have not been needed to checkpoint. But here the scenario happens in split brain, in which the new active is in separated network instead of coming from headless, so I guess we do need checkpoint it, but the checkpoint should be done after the headless sync ?

I will checkpoint node_sync_window_closed in a new version. As you pointed out, using the timer alone isn't sufficient as sync messages could come before the active controller's amfnd has sent node_up (and therefore starting the timer).

And the change in timer.h seems not much relates to this ticket?

The values in the timer structure aren't initialized at startup. So things like is_active has random values. It would be good just to set them to known values.

Thanks

Gary