On Friday 17 March 2006 15:20, Justin Karneges wrote:
> On Friday 17 March 2006 08:19, Chaskiel M Grundman wrote:
> > it is openct's job to do the T=1 framing. The problem is that the
> > device's ATR reports that it supports both T=0 and T=1.
> > ifd_protocol_select picks T=0 (because it is reported earlier in the ATR)
> > and tries to use it. Unfortunately, eutron_card_reset already put the
> > device in T=1 mode.
> >
> > You could try not sending the PTS cookie at all and see what happens
> > then.
>
> I tried this, but with no success.

Alright, I've looked at the ISO7816-3 document you referenced and I've decoded
some bits.  Just so I'm clear on this, both ifd-eutron and SafeSign are
requesting T=1 mode with some parameters (parameters are in PTS1), and the
card confirms T=1 with default parameters.

So the card is confirming T=1, but rejecting the parameters.  This is
different from rejecting T=1 completely (which, as I read, is done by simply
not responding at all).  Therefore, this PTS data exchange is necessary,
because it activates T=1.

However, the SafeSign PTS sequence doesn't gain us anything more than the
ifd-eutron PTS sequence, because the card rejects the "parameters" in either
case, so for compatibility purposes we should leave the ifd-eutron PTS alone.

Correct?

Now, what I don't understand is why not sending PTS, and assuming T=0
protocol, fails to work.  The card doesn't seem to default to T=1 either
(I've taken out the PTS and forced openct to T=1 with no success).  So it
seems the PTS request is necessary

-Justin