--On Friday, November 17, 2006 10:38:34 AM +0100 Andreas Jellinghaus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

no idea what the code meant to do, so not sure if
this is a bug / how to fix it. maybe someone can have
a look?

Lose the '*'. Change it to just
p++;

or, remove the statement entirely, and put the ++ inside the switch:

       if (0 == is_mf) {
               switch (*++p) {

Note that I don't know the actual format of the FCI on a cyberflex, so I have no idea if what this code is doing (skipping a byte) is actually semanticly correct.

ludovic's patch will change the semantics (file->ef_structure will be set based on byte 12 instead of byte 14.)