Thomas Harning Jr. wrote:
The unidentified pin is the user pin initialized when you initialize the
card.  The card can lock up if it's entered wrong a few times, but since
its a normal user PIN, you could reset the card or use unblock and it'd
be ok.

ok, in any case we need to document how this pin is set, unblocked and
changed, how many tries are on it, what happends if those tries are
exceeded and so on.

> Yeah... using that as a transport key would make sense.

or maybe as security officer pin? what can you do if you know
tht pin, but not the other pins?

if a transport key is locked, you can throw away cryptoflex cards
for example. with muscle you could delete the applet and install
it again?

the transport key (e.g. of cryptoflex cards) has no big secret:
all you can do is erase the card - as far as I know - but not access
or change the so pin, use the key or anything, without knowing the
user or so pin. how does this compare to this pin with muscle?

Regards, Andreas