On 14.03.2007, at 21:29, Nils Larsch wrote:

Please test this and give feedback.
All is nice but I'd like to have a small enhancement in 0.11.2 that has been available for .ee users for some time already. Please see #132. IMHO that ticket should not affect current situation and opensc users but improves some user experience scenarios a lot.

what about making this additional pkcs11 lib a configure option
(as I fear it might confuse other users).

The configuration option is a possibility but the only reason to push it into the release is for linux distros to pick up the change and distribute the module for end users until mozilla people either get it working as it should or the problem gets some other solution.

Again, please keep in mind that I'm talking about 'casual end-users' from Estonia who want to use eID with Linux (as windows and mac have binaries with modified code available) It would be best if linux distrs would contain the best available eID support out of the box as well.

Confusion should be avoided with something else (maybe a more different name for the module, one
that does not start with opensc-... ?)

--
Martin Paljak