On 20/03/07, Douglas E. Engert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Maybe it should be held off until 0.11.3 after each card is
examined for its own limit and a way to get the limit for the
reader from PCSC and OpenCT is also added.

I tried to send an APDU of 255+5=260 bytes to a SCR331 reader and it
worked. So the reader claims to not support APDU bigger than 253 but
it may be a bug in the USB CCID descriptor and the reader can support
longer APDU.

So the list I made in [1] may not be correct. I would not be surprise
to know that all the different readers limited to 253 bytes are using
a bogus SCM firmware.

I reported the bug to SCM. I hope we will know if the readers are
really limited to 253 bytes or the if it is a big in the USB
descriptor.

Bye,

[1]
http://www.opensc-project.org/pipermail/opensc-user/2006-September/001233.html