Nate Nielsen wrote:
Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
sure, it is very welcome. well, it is the third project next to pkcscsp and csp11, but both of that are dead and no longer under development.

Well CSP#11, as I understand it, does the exact opposite. It presents a
Windows Cryptographic Service Provider interface which allows use of
PKCS#11 modules.

The cryptoki-capi plugin I put together allows PKCS#11 compatible
programs to use Windows CAPI certificates and keys.

It's similar to this:

http://lxr.mozilla.org/security/source/security/nss/lib/ckfw/capi/
Just for the record., nss/lib/ckfw/capi can be built and used without the rest of NSS. It only uses some base services (nss/lib/base, nss/lib/util). I wouldn't be opposed to a patch that pulls out just what is needed to build it.

nss/lib/ckfw itself is meant to be a framework to quickly bring up new PKCS #11 adapters. It's meant to be separable from NSS, (and in fact has no nspr dependencies).
... but without the NSS dependency and with intent to become an
implementation complete enough to be usable.

I also wouldn't be opposed to patches which increase it's functionality.

bob