[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Does anyone know, if the ACOS5 cards are implemented fully yet, since
> there are signs of it in the subversion-repository and an ACOS5
> driver seems to exist already. The pkcs11-tool however seems not to
> work. Is there a workaround for this?

The ACOS5 support that is in the repository just now is sufficient to
make opensc-tool and opensc-explorer work.

Making higher level things like pkcs11-tool work requires a fair bit of
additional work, probably including writing a PKCS#15 emulation layer
(ACS's implementation is non-standard in various ways, from what I can
see; I'm not an expert, though).

I'll be working on some of this as time permits, but I'm unlikely to be
able to make much progress soon.  I know some other people are also
interested in ACOS5 support (Andreas?) and ACS tell me they've been in
touch with someone from the project as well.  I think time to work on
this is pretty short for everyone just now, though, so if you were in a
position to take things further yourself I'm sure that would be welcome.

        -- Ian