On Tuesday 11 September 2007 15:21:46 Dmitry Zhigulin wrote:
> Maybe little emulation.
> Acoording to documentaion, key ids for certificates:
> Auth - 0x01, Enc - 0x0085.

ok, we could use key ids, but those might be different depending on
how you initialize the software. not a good way either.

or shall we try to sign and fall back on trying to decrypt?

or maybe there is some information in one of the files we can read out,
or use some apdu command to determine the type of the key?
I think nils had a comment there is something like that, but I don't have
the time to dig through our code / log files of differnt cards or the card
manuals right now.

an option to turn the feature on or off might help most people till
we can implement a better solution. patches for such an option
or other solutions are very welcome :)

Regards, Andreas