In relation to that, I'm not sure if it's related. However when using engine_pkcs11 with latest opensc 0.11.4 the function pkcs11_load_key of engine_pkcs11.c returns "Found slot without user PIN" at

    if (isPrivate && !tok->userPinSet && !tok->readOnly) {
        fprintf(stderr,"Found slot without user PIN\n");
        PKCS11_release_all_slots(ctx, slot_list, count);
        return NULL;
    }

Release opensc 0.11.0 hadn't that problem, so I'm not sure when a change was introduced to make this fail when NO user PIN is used at the token. Any clues?

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.):
Was the ticket http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/ticket/115 addressed?

Alexander, I think you reported it, do you or anybody know something about it?

--
Regards
Signer:         Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>