> I thought to make the blocking poll() at ct_mainloop()
The only reason ct_mainloop calls ifdhandler_poll_presence is so that the
status file is updated. If we don't care about the status file anymore,
then ct_mainloop doesn't need to know if there's a card inserted or not.

> call a new
> method that may return event file descriptor from the reader driver
The only way I'd be able to provide a file descriptor with the behavior I
think you want (becomes readable to poll() when the card status changes)
is to have a thread polling the device as it does now (but possibly with
much longer usb timeouts). How is pushing this work into each ifd helpful?

In any case, the ccid feature doesn't actually help you achieve this goal,
so I'll stop participating in this discussion unless you'd prefer me to
keep paying attention. Once you have an architecture, I will probably help
adapt the ccid ifd to work with it.