Hello,

I don't understand.
OpenSC PKCS#11 modules *ALWAYS* allocate specific number of virtual slots.
The plug&play just link between virtual slot and real slot.
So it all works with Firefox 2.X and Firefox 3.X, I checked it now
again with Firefox 3.X.

I am not happy with this implementation but this is the simplest one I
could find without modifying the entire reader allocation.

Anyway, as usual I disagree with NSS developers. Slots can be removed!
As long as you don't reuse slot ids. This way if the application calls
a function with removed slot id it gets a proper error. You can
insert/remove token 4G times... I guess then you can reuse id 0... :)

But we don't have this as we have a fixed set of slot number.

If we want proper PKCS#11 implementation we will have to someday
reimplement the whole slot usage... There is the stateless mode we
need to add and true plug&play throughout the whole libopensc.

Alon.